How To Fix Finger Pain From Mouse Uses DUE TO Gaming & PC Usage
The continuous clicks for the shooting games or prolong scrolling over the internet have likely caused tremendous pain in your finger.
Or even in your wrist!
For fixing wrist pain, check out this article:
Back to the finger pain again, due to the pain in there, you are not able to click the mouse without hurting your finger.
And here’s the core reason: [alert type=”info” icon-size=”normal”]This condition usually occurs when the nerves inside the finger coming from the arm get compressed due to the prolong mouse uses. In general, the situation is called a Trigger Finger.[/alert]
Therefore you should try the quick and actionable tips to restore your finger(s) to a healthy and working condition again.
How To Fix Finger Pain From Mouse Uses?
Aforementioned, the prolonged use of computer mice can stiff the finger muscles and cause severe pain in it.
There are plenty of exercises, preventions, and homemade remedies which can solve almost every painful situation happening to your finger(s) from the mouse due to that continuous gaming or PC usage in general.
Here’s How To Fix Finger Pain From Mouse Uses using some of the proven finger exercises:
- Exercise the fingers
- Apply heat on fingers
- Massage the fingers
- Apply Tiger Balm
- Take a break from mouse uses
- Use the mouse correctly
- Avoid excessive clicks
- Replace the mouse
Exercise the fingers:
There are various expert exercises which guarantee to fix the finger pain from mouse uses. Each of them is quite simple as you can perform them without much effort.
Stretch the fingers:
- Raise your finger above; push it back with the second hand until you don’t feel pain.
- Hold it for some seconds and then free it slowly.
- Do this with each of the fingers individually.
- After you have done this individually, perform this exercise with all fingers at once to stretch the palm.
Hence, performing this activity will assist in loosening the finger muscles and making them relax to work painlessly.
Stretch the wrist:
- Make a fist to press all the fingers altogether and release the muscle stiffness.
- Hold the fist for about 5 seconds and then release.
- Optionally, you can use a stress ball to make the exercise more effective.
Repeat the exercise with any method five to six times a day.
Rotate the fingers:
- Raise your hand to let the blood circulate throughout the fingers.
- Spread your fingers by giving a slight gap between each other.
- Now rotate each of the fingers one by one in clockwise and anticlockwise directions.
Do this exercise five times a day.
Press the fingers:
Giving a slight press over the fingers helps to release the stress from the muscles.
- Make a fist, and release any of the fingers.
- With the help of your second hand, bend the finger politely on both front and back sides.
- Release the finger to the neutral position after 20 – 30 seconds.
Continue the exercise on each of the fingers individually. [alert type=”warning” icon-size=”normal”]Note: Don’t bend the finger so hard, or it will worsen the pain. Make slight & snug actions for a perfect result.[/alert]
Apply heat on fingers:
Heat works effectively on the deep of the muscles, plus it releases pain in the finger from the mouse uses.
The followings are the quick points describing how to apply the heat on the fingers correctly:
- Boil some water in any container.
- Dip a piece of towel in hot water and squeeze it to prevent the drippings.
- Apply the towel thoroughly on the fingers.
- Let the towel applied on each finger for one minute.
- Re-soak if it loses the heat after some uses.
The heat will effectively heal the inner parts, especially the muscles, to release the irritating pain. Moreover, heat may also help you in removing the joints stiffness, making the fingers flexible and active for the work.
Massage the fingers:
You can gain an effective relief in your fingers by massaging them well.
- Take some hot oil and apply it on the finger with thumb of your second hand.
- Rub the affected finger thoroughly with a slight press.
- Make clockwise and anti-clockwise direction to release stiffness from the muscles.
- Do this with each finger individually for 2 to 3 minutes.
An accurate and professional massage has no adverse effects even if it’s done for a couple of times.
Therefore, you can massage your fingers every day whenever you observe pain in your fingers from the uses of mouse or any others device.
Apply Tiger Balm:
Tiger balm is an anti-inflammatory solution that heals the pain from the muscles and joints of the particular body part.
Moreover, the natural ingredients of this balm, i.e., menthol, clove oil, mint oil, and so forth provide you with an exceptional sensation of relief in a quick time.
So get the Tiger Balm, and apply some of it on the affected finger.
Using your thumb, massage the finger in circular movements.
Just after a few seconds of applying it, you’ll begin to feel a deep magical relief in the finger.
Apply Tiger balm on the affected finger 1-2 times in a day.
Take a break from mouse uses:
Be it a finger or any other part of the body, the excessive work without gaps results in stiffness and pain in the muscles.
The frequent breaks from the mouse may help you remove the burden from the fingers.
Therefore, take a break after 20 to 30 minutes; do our previously suggested finger exercises to make the fingers work effectively with no pain.
Use the mouse correctly:
How you hold and how you use the mouse also plays an essential role in the health of your fingers. The followings are the expert’s recommendations about the right way of using the computer mouse.
- Hold your mouse loosely by avoiding pressure on the fingers.
- Have comfort over the mice while working with it.
- Do not touch the wrist with your mouse, keep it over the surface and hold the mouse with your palm.
- Keep your fingers straight towards the clicking buttons and avoid them raising and leaving the support of mouse.
- Do not burden the fingers or the wrist with improper posture.
Avoid excessive clicks:
Steady clicks on the mouse straightly cause pain over the fingers.
No doubt it is not so easy to compromise your shooting games or any other mouse work, but for the sake of treating the pain in your fingers; you need to avoid the excessive mouse clicks for some time.
Therefore, it is our recommendation to skip the low prioritized mouse works by giving a pause to the applications that require too many clicks from the mouse.
Replace the mouse:
The hard and inappropriate structure of the mice could also cause pain in the fingers.
In other words, some pointing devices require deep and intense clicks, which become a leading problem for the fingers health.
Luckily, today, we have a touch-based mice technology, which is all you need to minimize the burden on your fingers.
Such mice don’t require an effortful click to perform any task. They work on touch-based technology as used in smartphones and tablet computers. [alert type=”info” icon-size=”normal”]However, you will still need to be strictly conscious about the finger exercises plus the mouse breaks even after getting a suitable device to keep the fingers healthy and active.[/alert]
The straightforward exercises listed in this post & the recommendations may help you performing the mouse works with almost no pain.
Furthermore, always use these mentioned tips even if you get free from the problem.
To the end, by making all of the remedies your habits; we believe that you’ll not get any pain in your fingers from mouse uses.
If you have got any other tip(s) or question(s) in mind, please let us know by commenting below or by contacting us here.