When it comes to both swollen and bruised fingers together, the situation becomes painful, and the most disappointing thing is; a person cannot do any task painlessly with their affected finger.
There are various factors by which you are suffering from this issue. However, the best thing is that there are more solutions than there are the causes of swollen bruised fingers.
In this post, we’re going to figure out what causes swollen bruised finger no reason & how can you fix it.
What causes swollen bruised finger no reason:
The finger(s) may get swollen or bruised by the following ways:
Infections are the fundamental cause of your swollen or bruised fingers.
The infection that targets your fingertip is known as a felon.
It is a type of infection that affects the pulp, or pad of the fingertip.
This infection is very lousy and painful which mostly affects the index finger and the thumb.
Dactylitis is a type of critical finger and toes inflammation that can produce swelling and pain in the fingers.
Moreover, a person suffering from this has to pass from a tough time because of the poor mobility of the fingers.
The typical cause of Dactylitis is Psoriatic arthritis, which can easily victimize the person into several finger issues.
Physical injury or even trauma may lead to the swelling and bruises in the fingers. However, Fingertip trauma is always a common symptom of this issue.
What’s more, the common finger injuries involve fractures, and in another case, the crush injuries which if not treated well, such injuries may lead to the bruising under the nail bed; resulting in tearing of the nails.
A finger sprains when its ligaments are damaged due to any physical impact. It also happens by the inflammation resulted by any particular injury.
The other common reasons for sprains are massive stretchings, tweakings, and forceful activities with the fingers.
The sprained finger can be extremely painful, swollen, and difficult to move.
Just like the finger injury, a sprained finger may also result in redness, throbbing, and lousy feeling in its joints.
Pregnancy is one of the common reasons in women, which cause them swelling not only in the fingers but throughout the body.
This is usually caused by Edema, an abnormal gathering of fluid in specific tissues within the body.
Swelling during pregnancy is primarily safe. However, sudden and abnormal bruises and swelling in the hands can be a sign of “Pre-eclampsia” (high blood pressure in the pregnancy.)
Therefore, during the pregnancy, a patient must need to consult with the specialist; otherwise, this can lead to abdominal pain, severe headaches, vision changes, and other serious conditions.
A tight ring:
A tight ring may block the flow of the blood throughout the finger.
A ring which is tight and wore for long can easily cause swelling and bruise in the finger.
So, this action without any curiosity causes swelling, bruises, or possibly numbness in the particular finger.
Therefore, always use the suitable ring and one which does not put pressure or tightness over the finger.
How do I fix my swollen/bruised finger?
The quick and affordable remedies may help you treat your swollen bruised fingers right at your home.
All you need is to follow and implement the tips suggested in this article, and we hope you won’t be too far fixing your affected finger.
Here they are:
- Elevate your hand
- Exercise your finger
- Ice the finger
- Massage the finger
- Do contrast hydrotherapy
- Get a compression glove
- Other DO’s & DONT’s for fixing the swollen bruised fingers (MUST READ…)
Elevate your hand:
A swollen bruised finger needs a lot of the blood circulation to get treated soon.
- Elevate your hand and fingers straight at the level of the heart to gain a better circulation.
- You can take the support of the table to elevate it for a longer duration.
- Continue this for at least 5-10 minutes for the better results.
Exercise your finger:
Exercises help in reducing swelling, stiffness, and blood blockage from the finger. Therefore, if your finger is experiencing lousy pain, the simple activities will fix almost every sort of complaints quickly.
The followings are the individual finger exercises that may help you fixing swelling & bruises from the finger(s):
- Bend and then raise your finger slightly, avoid pressurizing it when taking it down.
- Keeping your finger front/straight, roll it in clockwise & anti-clockwise directions like drawing an imaginary circle. Do this continuously for 1 minute.
- Keep all your fingers straight/opened and then join them together after a while. Do this continuously for 1 minute.
Perform these exercises one by one every day until the final and perfect relief.
Ice the finger:
Applying ice may help you heal the swelling and bruises from the fingers.
- Put some ice in a plastic packet and wrap it in a towel.
- Apply it over the affected finger for about 20 minutes.
- Repeat this remedy 3-4 four times a day with a gap of 3-6 hours.
- Stop this immediately if it’s causing frostbite (an injury that can happen when your skin is exposed to the cold.)
Massage the finger:
Massage your fingers to release swelling, stiffness, pain, and poor blood circulation from them.
- Take some hot oil; apply it over the affected finger.
- Using the thumb of your second hand & rub the oil slightly without pressing hard on the finger.
- Massage circularly with clockwise and ant-clockwise directions.
- Make sure to massage on each upper and lower part of the finger.
- Massage daily with the hot oil, as it will help you fixing poor blood circulation and reduce the swelling from the finger.
Do contrast hydrotherapy:
It’s a simple heat & cold therapy which help in forcing the blood to circulate across the fingers.
- Pour a half liter of hot water into the large bowl.
- Soak your entire hand, including the wrist for about 3 – 4 minutes.
- Remove the hand from the bowl and put it into the cold water.
- Repeat contrast hydrotherapy 3 – 4 times a day until your finger doesn’t get fixed.
- This remedy would be confusing to you, but using both heat and cold is the actual effectiveness of this therapy!
Get a compression glove:
This glove provides the recommended compression on the swollen fingers. That is, it works by applying the necessary compression to the hands and fingers, to prevent the collection of excess fluids.
Give it a try, as this works automatically without you having to do any action. All you need is to put it over the hand of your affected finger(s) and that’s it.
Other DO’s & DONT’s for fixing the swollen bruised fingers:
- Avoid wearing the rings for long.
- Do not press hard over the finger.
- Avoid making a fist for long.
- Avoid any activity which affects blood circulation.
- Don’t wear tight gloves.
- Keep the fingers open and free from coverage.
- Reduce salt & sodium intake.
- Keep your fingers in movements; avoid leaving them idle for long.
You should not be much worried if your finger is swelling due to any typical problem.
That’s because the quick & practical homemade remedies may quickly solve the problem.
However, in some cases, you’ll need a medical checkup if the finger is suffering from serious injury, viral infection, or with any particular disease.
If you have got any other tip(s) or question(s) in mind, please let us know by commenting below or by contacting us here.